Topher's Grace

My forum for discussing things I like and things that piss me right the Hell off!!!!!! Bush/Cheney=Evil Empire!!!!!! Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others. ~Groucho Marx

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Why I Love Sirius Satellite Radio

Another thing that really gets my Irish up is censorship. Goes right along with all of my anti-Christian right beliefs. That is the main reason that right now, there are very few things that I enjoy more than my Sirius Satellite Radio. I purchased one off of Ebay in November of 2005, I didn't activate it until late December. Like millions of others I originally purchased it for Howard Stern. Howard 100 and Howard 101 launched on January 9th of this year. I have not listened to terrestrial radio since that date. It is well worth the $12.95 per month that I pay for it. When I have the money I will probably go and purchase a lifetime subscription. It is that good. I cannot see myself ever going back to listening to old fashioned lame ass radio, that is filled with 20 minutes of commercials every hour and have play lists of 20 - 30 songs. I do not miss any of the old style radio. Prior to Sirius I would flip back and forth between Stern and Bob & Tom in the mornings on the way to work. I have only attempted to listen to Bob & Tom once since January, it was just the same old crap. They are so censored now they cant do anything anymore that is even slightly edgey, for fear of the mighty FCC fining the crap out of them.

The Stern show has been outstanding, they really are re-defining talk radio. I would also recomend that if you do have Sirius try listening to Bubba the Love Sponge (howard 101). His show is very good. He reminds me of a younger, edgier more redneck version of Stern. He has a good group of induviduals on his show. One of the funniest characters on his show is Ned. He is a old redneck, vile coot, who by the way puts together some of the funniest phony phone calls and song parodies that I have ever heard. The only negative thing that I will say about his show is that he does slip into Nascar talk a little too much for my taste. When he gets started on Nascar I will typically switch to Raw Dog (channel 104) in the afternoon and listen to Jim Breuer's show. It is typically very funny also. He has comics and heavy metal gods on there all the time. Last week on the way home I was listening to his show and they were doing Heavy Metal Karaoke, it was fricking awesome. He had the drummer from Twisted Sister and a guitarist from Anthrax along with some of his buddies and people would come in a sing their favorite metal tunes with the live band playing them. Artie Lang came in and did a couple of AC/DC tunes and one of the chicks from Buzzsaw (channel 19) came in and did Motorhead's Ace of Spades. Good stuff.

My favorite channels are;
Howard 100 & 101 ~Stern Show & Bubba
Raw Dog 104 ~ Comedy Clips, Breuer Unleashed, Wiseguys show
Octane 20 ~ New Rock
Buzzsaw 19 ~ Classic Metal and Rock
Hair Nation 23 ~ Hair Band Rock

Well that is enough advertising for Sirius. Seacrest out!

4 Comments:

  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger BIG said…

    I just noticed that you are a big queer. You've listed the link to my log as the Nth of Big to Best. This is false. It's actually the Nth of Bigtobest. Pronounced "big-toe'-bәst". Think of it as a month.

    Queer.

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger BIG said…

    Okay, so the blogger site has transformed my schwa to a square.

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger C. W. Henry said…

    Jimmy, I fixed your link. Sorry for the mistake. Homo

     
  • At 11:39 PM, Blogger BIG said…

    Nice.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home